Changes to the public healthcare insurance
We try to make our insurance policies as simple as possible for our policyholders. That is why, as from 2022, it will no longer be possible to opt for a voluntary excess. Your voluntary excess is cancelled automatically. You do not need to take any action. The discount on the premium that you received as a result is also cancelled. However, you have to pay less yourself if you incur certain healthcare costs.
Other medical care (e.g. GP care)
In 2022, you can also contact contracted municipal health services (GGDs) for a cow milk allergy. Find the contracted GGDs.
Medical care for specific patient groups
This is generalist medical care for vulnerable groups. Two things have changed:
- The transitional arrangement has been cancelled.
- In order to receive this care, you need a referral. A medical specialist may also issue referrals in 2022.
Medical specialist care (general)
- The insurance conditions also state in which situations medical specialist care is not reimbursed. The description of one of these situations has been adjusted. In 2022, the description reads as follows:
“Medical specialist care does not include:
- treatment of a plastic surgical nature to reconstruct the breast or replace a breast prosthesis, other than following full or partial mastectomy or in the case of agenesis or aplasia of the breast in women and a comparable situation in the event of established transsexuality;”
- In order to receive medical specialist care, you need a referral. A house officer may also issue referrals in 2022.
In order to receive audiological care, you need a referral. A triage hearing specialist may also issue referrals in 2022.
Sensory disability care
Is admission to a hospital necessary for sensory disability care? In that case, you require our prior written permission if you are admitted by a non-contracted care provider. You will no longer need permission in 2022 if you go to a contracted care provider. Contracted care providers are listed at the Carefinder.
You need a referral for obstetric care in a hospital. A nursing specialist and physician assistant may also issue referrals in 2022.
More about the reimbursement of obstetric care in 2022
The statutory personal contributions for maternity care have increased. These are the personal contributions in 2022:
- Maternity care at home: € 4.70 per hour
- Maternity care at an institution: for both the mother and child, € 19.00 per day, plus the amount by which the fee charged by the institution exceeds an amount of € 134.00 per day
More about the reimbursement of maternity care in 2022
Physiotherapy and remedial therapy, speech therapy and dietetics
In order to receive this care, you need a referral in some cases. A dentist may also issue referrals in 2022. The cases for which you need a referral are listed on our website and in the insurance conditions.
More about the reimbursement in 2022 of:
Stay outside an institution
In 2022, you are entitled to a reimbursement for a stay that is medically necessary in connection with medical specialist care. This concerns a stay outside an institution and without nursing, care and/or paramedical care. Reimbursement for your stay is subject to three conditions:
- You will receive help from a voluntary carer during your stay.
- The travel time between the hospital where you receive treatment and your place of residence is more than 60 minutes.
- The travel time between the hospital where you receive treatment and your place of residence is a maximum of 60 minutes.
The reimbursement of the accommodation costs is a maximum of € 77.50 per night. You can decide for yourself where you will stay and arrange the accommodation yourself.
More about the reimbursement of stay outside an institution in 2022
In 2022, the maximum statutory personal contribution for patient transport will increase to € 111.00 per calendar year.
More about the reimbursement of patient transport in 2022
Mental healthcare (GGZ)
On 1 January 2022, some changes will be made to mental healthcare. The Care Performance Model will be introduced. This may also have consequences for you, for instance, your excess.
More about the changes to mental healthcare in 2022
Giving up smoking
In 2022, you are once again entitled to follow a programme to give up smoking. The conditions the care provider must meet have changed. You will find these new conditions on our website and in the insurance conditions.
More about the reimbursement of giving up smoking in 2022
Combined lifestyle intervention
- You require a referral for this type of care. A medical specialist may also issue referrals in 2022.
- In 2022, a maximum reimbursement will apply if you go to a non-contracted care provider. You will be reimbursed for the costs in accordance with the list of rates for non-contracted care .
- The requirements your care provider must meet have changed.
More about the reimbursement of Combined lifestyle intervention in 2022
Changes to supplementary and dental insurance policies
You can no longer take out supplementary insurance and/or dental insurance with us. If you already have supplementary insurance, you can continue this package. The changes to the supplementary insurance and dental insurance are explained below.
Emergency care abroad and medically required repatriation
The Start, Extra, Plus and Top supplementary insurance policies include reimbursement for emergency care abroad. In 2022, this reimbursement will apply to healthcare worldwide. In 2022, you are once again only entitled to reimbursement if the emergency centre coordinates the care.
Giving up smoking
The reimbursement for giving up smoking in the Plus and Top supplementary insurance policies will be cancelled.
The reimbursement for a spa in the Plus and Top supplementary insurance policies will be cancelled.
The reimbursement for medical care in the Extra, Plus and Top supplementary insurance policies will be cancelled.
Physiotherapy and remedial therapy
You need a referral for certain treatments and therapies. A dentist may also issue referrals in 2022. The cases for which you need a referral are listed on our website and in the insurance conditions.
The reimbursement for therapeutic swimming in the Plus and Top supplementary insurance policies will be cancelled.
Transport of mortal remains
In 2022, the reimbursement from the Start and Extra supplementary insurance policies will be cancelled. The reimbursement from the Plus and Top supplementary insurance policies remains the same: 100%. This reimbursement applies to transport from all countries of the world. In 2022 too, you are only entitled to reimbursement if the emergency centre coordinates the transport.
The Top supplementary insurance includes a reimbursement of € 250 for vaccinations. In 2022, you can go to a GP or a vaccination centre that meets the quality requirements of the LCR .