Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2021
- What is ambulance transport?
- Reimbursement for ambulance transport in 2021
- Prescription needed
- No statutory personal contribution
- Who may provide this type of care?
- Request permission for ambulance transport
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
Ambulance transport involves the transport of a patient by ambulance over a distance of no more than 200 kilometres to:
- a care provider;
- to an institution where you will be staying. Or from this institution to a person or insitution where you are given an examination or for measuring and fitting a prosthesis;
- to a person from whom or an institute in which an insured person under the age of eighteen will receive mental health care;
- to your home or another home if you come from one of the three care providers mentioned above.
In all cases mentioned above applies that the costs will be reimbursed (in part) under public healthcare insurance, the Youth Act or the Long-Term Care Act (Wlz).
If transport by ambulance is not possible, transport in a different vehicle may fall under ambulance transport too. You will require the written permission of HollandZorg for this. A distance of more than 200 kilometres will fall under ambulance transport too if we have given our written permission for this.
Under the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you will qualify for the reimbursement of costs for ambulance transport.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100%|
You will need a prescription from a general practitioner, medical specialist, doctor for the mentally disabled, specialist geriatrics doctor, a specialist nurse, a physician assistant or an obstetrician. This condition does not apply in the case of unforeseen care that cannot reasonably be postponed.
You will not be subject to a statutory personal contribution for ambulance transport.
Ambulance transport providers with a recognised licence can provide this type of care. Will transport involve a distance of more than 200 kilometres or will you use a vehicle other than an ambulance? You will require our prior written permission for this.
For more information, call customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert employees will be pleased to help you.
You will require prior written permission for the reimbursement of ambulance transport in two situations:
- transport over a distance of more than 200 km;
- transport by a mode of transport other than an ambulance.
Consent is not required in the case of unforeseen care that cannot reasonably be postponed.
A request for transport should include a report from the treating doctor, including the medical diagnosis/diagnoses, a description of the current problem and substantiation of the request. Please send requests for permission to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp is necessary.