- dutch healthcare insurance
Reimbursement chiropody in 2019
- What is chiropody?
- When will you qualify for reimbursement?
- Referral required for a pedicure treatment
- Reimbursement chiropody in 2019
- Personal contribution
- No policy excess
- Who may provide this type of care?
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
Chiropody consists of the general treatment of feet. The following treatments fall under chiropody.
- podiatry and podology
- arch supports
- pedicure treatment
Do you have diabetes? If so, check the reimbursement of preventive foot care.
You will qualify for pedicure treatment if your suffer from:
• rheumatoid arthritis (a form of rheumatism) affecting the feet; or
• an impaired sensation in your feet (peripheral neuropathy) not caused by diabetes.
You will require a referral from a general practitioner or a medical specialist for a pedicure treatment. The referral must show the medical need or physical limitation. You will include a copy of the referral when submitting a claim for the invoice in question.
Under our supplementary insurances Plus and Top, you qualify for the reimbursement of the costs of chiropody.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||None|
*) The reimbursement applies to pedicure treatment, arch supports, podiatry and podology taken together.
We will reimburse a maximum of 75% of the costs of chiropody. You will pay extra costs for pedicure treatment yourself.
No policy excess applies for reimbursements under the supplementary insurance.
The following care providers may provide this type of care:
- podiatrist may provide the podiatric therapy;
- a registered podiatrist and a podopostural therapist may provide podology care;
- a pedicure practitioner may provide the pedicure treatment.
You must purchase the arch supports from a podiatrist, registered podologist, a podopostural therapist or a supplier of medical aids who is member of the Nederlandse vereniging orthopedische schoentechnici (NVOS) and is recognized by the Stichting Erkenningsregeling leveranciers Medische Hulpmiddelen (SEMH).
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. We will be happy to answer your questions. Or visit our Care Guide to find a care provider or supplier near by.