Combined lifestyle intervention
Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2021
- What is combined lifestyle intervention?
- Reimbursement for combined lifestyle intervention in 2021
- Referral needed
- No statutory personal contribution
- No excess
- Who may provide this type of care?
- Maximum rates for non-contracted care providers
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
You are entitled to a combined lifestyle intervention if there is a moderately increased weight-related health risk in accordance with the indication criteria in the NHG guidelines for Obesity and the Obesity Care Standard. A combined lifestyle interventions consists of a combination of interventions aimed at reducing the intake of energy, increasing physical exercise and any customised addition of psychological interventions to support a change in behaviour. A combined lifestyle intervention is offered in the form of a care programme. The care programme consists of individual sessions and sessions in group form and we distinguish a treatment phase and a maintenance phase. The care programme takes a total of 24 consecutive months to complete.
Care programmes that are included in the list 'Aangewezen zorgprogramma’s gecombineerde leefstijlinterventie' qualify for a reimbursement. This list may change during the year.
Under the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you will qualify for the reimbursement of combined lifestyle intervention.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100%|
You need a referral from a general practitioner.
You will not be subject to a statutory personal contribution for combined lifestyle intervention.
The costs of combined lifestyle intervention will not count towards your policy excess.
The following care providers are permitted to provide this type of care:
- a care provider who as a minimum complies with the competencies of the HBO lifestyle coach and who is listed in the register of the Netherlands Professional Association of Lifestyle Coaches (BLCN) as a lifestyle coach;
- a physiotherapist who as a minimum complies with the competencies of the HBO lifestyle coach and who is listed in the quality register of a relevant professional association with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’;
- a remedial therapist who as a minimum complies with the competencies of the HBO lifestyle coach and who is listed in the Paramedics Quality Register with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’;
- a dietician who as a minimum complies with the competencies of the HBO lifestyle coach and who is listed in the Paramedics Quality Register with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’;
- a care group contracted by us.
Will you be receiving combined lifestyle intervention from a care provider with whom we have not made any agreements? If so, the rates set out in the Rate List for Non-contracted Care will apply.
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact our Care Service on +31 (0)570 687 470. We will be happy to answer your questions.