Combined lifestyle intervention
An insured person aged 16 or 17 is also entitled to care if the general practitioner deems the care appropriate. A combined lifestyle interventions consists of a combination of interventions aimed at reducing the intake of energy, increasing physical exercise and any customised addition of psychological interventions to support a change in behaviour. A combined lifestyle intervention is offered in the form of a care programme. The care programme consists of individual sessions and sessions in group form and we distinguish a treatment phase and a maintenance phase. The care programme takes a total of 24 consecutive months to complete.
Care programmes that are included in the list 'Aangewezen zorgprogramma’s gecombineerde leefstijlinterventie' qualify for a reimbursement. This list may change during the year.
Reimbursement for combined lifestyle interventionUnder the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you will qualify for the reimbursement of combined lifestyle intervention.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100%|
Referral neededYou need a referral from a general practitioner or medical specialist.
No statutory personal contribution
You will not be subject to a statutory personal contribution for combined lifestyle intervention.
The costs of combined lifestyle intervention will not count towards your policy excess.
Who may provide this type of care?
The following care providers are permitted to provide this type of care:
- a care provider who is listed in the register of the Netherlands Professional Association of Lifestyle Coaches (BLCN) as a lifestyle coach;
- a physiotherapist who is listed in the NL Physiotherapy Quality Register (KRF NL) and/or the quality register of Stichting Keurmerk Fysiotherapie with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’;
- a remedial therapist, who is listed in the Paramedics Quality Register with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’;
- a dietician, who is listed in the Paramedics Quality Register with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’;
- a care group contracted by us.
Maximum rates for non-contracted care providers
We apply a maximum reimbursement for a combined lifestyle intervention provided by a non-contracted care provider. In that case, the reimbursement is limited to the rates in accordance with the Rate List for Non-Contracted Care. If the rates of the non-contracted care provider are higher than our listed maximum rates, the difference will be at your expense.
Also view the Reimbursements 2021.
The information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursement. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions (PDF).