- dutch healthcare insurance
Reimbursement health insurance 2020
- What is eyelid correction?
- When do you qualify for reimbursement?
- Referral required for eyelid correction
- Reimbursement eyelid correction in 2020
- No statutory personal contribution
- Who can you go to?
- Apply for consent
Note: the information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursement. You can only derive rights from our Insurance conditions (pdf).
Eyelid correction means that the excess of skin is removed from slack or paralysed upper eyelids.
You are entitled to reimbursement of an eyelid correction if:
- your vision is significantly affected as a result of paralysis or weakening of the upper eyelids;
- if the condition is caused by a congenital defect; or
- if the condition is caused by a chronic disorder present at birth.
You need a referral from a general practitioner or medical specialist for an eyelid correction.
By virtue of the public healthcare insurance, you are entitled to reimbursement of an eyelid correction.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100% if your situation is stated under '2. When do you qualify for reimbursement?'|
An eyelid correction is not subject to a statutory personal contribution.
If you are 18 or older, the costs for reimbursements by virtue of the supplementary insurance count towards your excess.
Hospitals, medical specialists and eye clinics can carry out eyelid corrections.
For more information, please call our Care Advice Line on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert staff will be pleased to answer your questions.
You need our written prior consent for reimbursement of an eyelid correction before you get the care. When applying for the reimbursement, you must enclose a copy of the referral from your general practitioner or a medical specialist.
Send your request for consent to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp required.
< Back to health insurance reimbursement overview