- dutch healthcare insurance
Reimbursement first-line in-patient stay 2020
3. When are you entitled to first-line-in-patient stay?
4. Reimbursement first-line in-patient stay in 2020
5. Maximum rates non-contracted providers
6. Statutory personal contribution
8. Who can you go to?
9. Apply for consent
Note: the information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursement. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions (pdf).
A first-line in-patient stay in this context is a short-term stay required on medical grounds in connection with medical care such as general practitioners provide. First-line in-patient stays are aimed at recovery and return to the home situation in the short term or relate to palliative terminal care.
The care does not include:
- stays in connection with the temporary takeover of care to release a family caregiver (respite care);
- stays you require in connection with a psychiatric disorder or impairment if you are younger than 18;
- stays for insured parties with a care assessment under the Long-Term Care Act (Wlz).
You require a referral from a GP for a first-line in-patient stay.
You are entitled to reimbursement of first-line-in-patient stay when a short-term stay is required on medical grounds. This is to include round-the-clock availability and provision of nursing and/or care, whether or not in conjunction with paramedical care connected to the grounds for the stay.
By virtue of the public healthcare insurance, you are entitled to reimbursement of a first-line in-patient stay.
|Public healthcare insurance||100%|
If you are planning on seeing a care provider with whom we have not concluded an agreement for a first-line in-patient stay, the rates of the rate list for non-contracted care apply. If the rates of the non-contracted care provider are higher than our maximum rates, the difference will be at your expense.
There is no personal contribution for a first-line in-patient stay.
If you are aged 18 or older, the costs count towards the compulsory and, if applicable, voluntary excess.
In situations like this, you can contact an institution for first-line in-patient stays.
Your stay for the following types of admission is subject to our prior written consent:
- stays in an institution that is not contracted by us;
- care that is provided for longer than three months other than for palliative care.
Please send requests for consent to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp required.
Our Care Finder helps you find a contracted care provider near you. You can also contact our Customer services +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert staff will be pleased to answer your queries.