- Year 2020
Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2020
- What is genetic advice?
- A referral will be required for genetic advice
- Reimbursement for genetic advice in 2020
- Maximum rates non-contracted provider
- No statutory personal contribution
- Who may provide this type of care?
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
Genetic advice will consist of:
- the investigation into and of hereditary defects by means of genealogical research, chromosome tests, biochemical diagnosis, ultrasound examinations and DNA tests;
- advice on the genetic nature of disorders or defects, or the greater risk of these that has been found to exist;
- psychosocial counselling in the form of advice on the hereditary nature of a disorder or defects;
- the examination of persons other than yourself, should this be required for the advice to be given to you. In this situation, other persons may be given advice too.
To obtain genetic advice, you will require a referral from a general practitioner, a medical specialist, a doctor for the mentally disabled or a specialist in geriatric medicine. The referral will remain valid for a period of twelve months, commencing on the day the referral was issued.
Under HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you will qualify for the reimbursement of the costs of genetic advice.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100%|
|No Risk I||none|
|No Risk II||none|
If you are planning on seeing a care provider with whom we have not concluded an agreement, the rates of the rate list for non-contracted care apply. If the rates of the non-contracted care provider are higher than our maximum rates, the difference will be for your expense.
You will not be subject to a statutory personal contribution for genetic advice.
Are you 18 or older? The costs incurred for genetic advice will count towards your compulsory policy excess and any voluntary policy excess.
A centre for genetic advice may provide you with genetic advice. You can find caretakers with our online search tool. You can easily find a (contracted) specialist in your residence area.
For more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert employees will be pleased to help you.