- Year 2020
Home nursing and care
Reimbursement health insurance 2020
- What is home nursing and care?
- Care plan required
- Reimbursement home nursing and care in 2020
- Personal contribution
- No excess
- Maximum rates non-contracted care
- Who can you go to?
Note: the information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursement. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions (pdf).
Nursing without in-patient care includes care such as nurses generally provide. You are entitled to nursing without in-patient care if the care is related to your need for medical care or if you have a high risk of that care.
The care consists of nursing (care provision) and care, as well as indicating, coordinating, signalling, coaching and preventing.
The care does not include:
- nursing and care during your stay at a hospital or other institution;
- maternity care.
You or your legal representative must have signed a care plan. The same does not apply in the event of adjustments made in the care plan.The care plan must at least state the type, scope, frequency and intended duration of the required home nursing and care, the performances and include a motivation. The care plan must also involve the contribution of your social network. If the care plan changes, you must have permission from
us again before you receive the new care.
By virtue of the public healthcare insurance, you are entitled to home nursing and care.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100% in the case of contracted care|
|No Risk I||none|
|No Risk II||none|
There is no statutory personal contribution for home nursing and care.
The costs of home nursing and care do not count towards the compulsory and, if applicable, voluntary excess.
We apply a maximum reimbursement for home nursing and care provided by a non-contracted care provider. In that case, the reimbursement is limited to the rates in accordance with the rates list for non-contracted care. If the rates of the non-contracted care provider are higher than our listed maximum rates, the difference will be at your expense.
The following care providers are permitted to provide this type of care:
- a nursing specialist;
- a district nurse;
- a nurse with a nursing diploma at intermediate vocational education level;
- a carer (IG, C or D) with a diploma at intermediate vocational education level 3;
- an assistant with a diploma in Assistant Care and Well-Being at intermediate vocational education level 2.
A district nurse, a paediatric nurse and nursing specialist are permitted to define the indication for your care and draw up a care plan. The indication must have been made in accordance with the Standards for indicating and organising nursing and care in the personal environment, drawn up by the Netherlands Association for Nurses & Carers (V&VN).
Receiving the care is subject to our written consent in the following cases:
- For reimbursement for nursing without in-patient care provided by a non-contracted care provider. You must use the application form for non-contracted district care for this application. The application form can be found at www.hollandzorg.nl.
- For reimbursement for nursing without in-patient care provided abroad. You must enclose a copy of the care plan with your request. You also need to send an offer for the care, setting out what kind of care it concerns, the costs involved and the period it applies to.
Contracted care providers are listed at our care fuide. You may also call our Care Advice Line: +31 (0)570 68 74 70.
Instead of the right to care, you may qualify for a personal budget. In that case, you will receive funds to purchase the care and nursing yourself. The right to a personal budget is subject to special conditions. They are defined in the Personal District Nursing and Home Care Regulations (pdf).
If the costs you incur for nursing and care are higher than the reimbursement in the form of a personal budget, the difference between the costs and the personal budget will be payable by you.