AI, AID or IUI treatment
Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2021
- What are AI, AID and IUI treatments?
- Referral required for AI, AID and IUI treatments
- Reimbursement for AI, AID and IUI treatment in 2021
- No statutory personal contribution
- Policy excess
- Who may provide this type of care?
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
AI, AID and IUI treatments are treatments that can be used to achieve the fertilisation of an egg cell in the uterus:
- AI: artificial insemination. During this treatment, a doctor inserts the sperm of the partner into the neck of the woman's womb.
- AID: artificial insemination donor. During this treatment, artificial insemination is achieved using the sperm of a sperm donor.
- IUI: intra-uterine insemination. During this treatment, a doctor will insert the sperm cells high in the womb in order to achieve fertilisation.
You will require a referral from a general practitioner or medical specialist for an AI, AID or IUI treatment.
Under the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you qualify for the reimbursement of an AI, AID or IUI treatment and for the medicines necessary for the treatment received (in case of medical indication).
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100% in case of medical indication|
What do we not reimburse?
In the case of an AID treatment, you will not qualify for reimbursement of the costs of the donor and the donor sperm.
You will not be subject to a statutory personal contribution for an AI, AID or IUI treatment.
Are you 18 or older? The costs incurred for AI, AID or IUI treatment will count towards your compulsory policy excess and any voluntary policy excess.
You may undergo an AI, AID or IUI treatment at a hospital that has a licence for this type of treatment. Have you decided to go to a care provider with whom we have not made any agreements? If so, the rates set out in the Rate List for Non-Contracted Care will apply. If the rates charged by the non-contracted care provider are higher than our maximum rates, the difference will be for your account.
For more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert employees will be pleased to help you.