- dutch healthcare insurance
Medical examination for driving licence
Reimbursement health insurance 2019
- What is a medical examination for driving licence?
- When do you qualify for reimbursement?
- Reimbursement medical examination for driving licence in 2019
- Personal contribution
- No excess
- Who can you go to?
Note: the information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursement. You can only derive rights from our Insurance conditions (pdf).
The following are checked during a medical examination:
- the correct functioning of your arms and legs;
- your blood pressure;
- your vision;
- your physical and mental ability to be able to drive a motor vehicle safely.
The examination is performed by a physician. The physician may recommend engaging a medical specialist such as an ophthalmologist or neurologist. After the examination, a medical advisor of the Central Office for Motor Vehicle Driver Testing (Centraal Bureau Rijvaardigheid (CBR)) determines whether or not you will receive a certificate of medical fitness.
The medical examination to renew a driving licence is compulsory for persons who:
- Wish to renew driving licence C (lorries) or D (buses);
- are 70 or older. Drivers who are 70 or older are tested every five years.
By virtue of the supplementary Plus and Top insurances, you are entitled to reimbursement for a compulsory medical examination for the renewal of your driving licence.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement 2019|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||none|
*) The reimbursement forms part of a group of different types of care, which are subject to a single reimbursement. The maximum reimbursement applies to the following elements jointly:
- Night home care for the dying
- Medical examination for driving licence
- Therapeutic swimming
- Personal alarm
- Care for Women
There is no statutory personal contribution for medical examinations. We do reimburse a maximum amount per year. In the event that the costs of the medical examination exceed the maximum amount reimbursed by us for the various elements jointly, the remainder is payable by you.
Reimbursements under the supplementary insurances are not subject to an excess.
If you need a medical examination, you can go to your GP or a physician.
For more information, please contact our Care Advice Line on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert staff will be pleased to answer your questions.
< Back to health insurance reimbursement overview