- dutch healthcare insurance
Seated patient transport
Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2019
- What is seated patient transport?
- When will you qualify for reimbursement?
- Prescription required
- Reimbursement under public healthcare insurance in 2019
- Reimbursement under the supplementary insurances in 2019
- Personal contribution
- Who may provide seated patient transport?
- Request permission
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
Seated patient transport involves the transportation of a patient to a hospital, doctor or therapist. Therapy or treatment will be reimbursed (in part) under the public healthcare insurance, the Exceptional Medical Expenses Act (Long-Term Care Act (Wlz) or Youth Act, with the exception of transport for care in an institution for part of a day
Seated patient transport will take place by car, taxi or public transport. You may use your own car or a car belonging to someone else. Ambulance transport does not fall under seated patient transport.
Under the public healthcare insurance, you will be reimbursed for the cost of seated patient transport if you:
- need to have kidney dialysis.
- need to have oncological treatment with chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- are only able to move about in a wheelchair.
- your eyesight is so poor that you cannot move about unaided.
- are under the age of eighteen and dependent on intensive childcare.
Seated patient transport also includes transport in special situations:
- you will be dependent in the long term on transport in relation to the treatment of an illness or disorder. The non-reimbursement of this transport would be very unreasonable for you. Read our conditions of insurance to see how we determine this.
- Transport for a companion. The accompaniment must be necessary, or it must concern the accompaniment of an insured party under the age of 16. In special cases, we can give our written consent for the transport of two companions.
- Transport in a vehicle other than a car or public transport, if transport by car or public transport is not possible. You will need prior written permission for this.
- Transport over a distance of more than 200 kilometres. You will need prior written permission for this.
You will be required to have a prescription from a general practitioner or a medical specialist for seated patient transport.
Under the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you qualify for the reimbursement of the costs of seated patient transport for a one-way travelling distance of a maximum of 200 kilometres.
- The reimbursement for seated patient transport by (your own) car is € 0,30 per kilometre. We calculate the number of kilometres based on the fastest route according to the ANWB route planner by entering the departure postcode and the destination postcode.
- The reimbursement for the use of public transport will only apply to the lowest class of the public transport in question.
- If you use contracted taxi transport, the reimbursement will be 100%.
If you use non-contracted taxi transport, the reimbursement will be €1,49 per kilometre.
Under the supplementary insurance Top you are entitled to reimbursement of transport from your home address to the place in the Netherlands where you get care. It should concern care that is reimbursed under the public healthcare insurance. In addition you are entitle to reimbursement of the transport of one accompanist if the accompaniment is medically necessary.
|Supplementary Insurance||Reimbursement 2019|
a maximum of € 200,- per calendar year
Under the maximum reimbursement we reimburse:
- the statutory personal contribution for seated patient transport
- the costs of public transport lowest class
- the costs of transport by a contracted taxi company
- € 0,70 per kilometre for transport by a non-contracted taxi company
- € 0,30 per kilometre for transport by private car
Seated patient transport is subject to a statutory personal contribution of up to € 103,- per calendar year. See our Conditions of Insurance (pdf) for the situations in which the statutory personal contribution does not apply.
You may use a contracted taxi company for seated patient transport. We have made agreements on seated patient transport with taxi companies. Use our Care Guide to find contracted taxi companies near you.
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. We will be happy to answer your questions.
You will require our prior permission for the reimbursement of seated patient transport under the public healthcare insurance. When requesting permission, you will include the reason for your request and the prescription.
Are you requesting permission for the reimbursement of you accompaniment? If so, send us an explanation from the referrer of the need for the accompaniment.
Please send requests for permission to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp is necessary.