- Year 2020
Seated patient transport
Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2020
- What is seated patient transport?
- When will you qualify for reimbursement?
- Prescription required
- Reimbursement under public healthcare insurance in 2020
- Reimbursement under the supplementary insurances in 2020
- Personal contribution
- Who may provide seated patient transport?
- Request permission
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
Seated patient transport includes transport by (private) car or taxi or public transport over a single travel distance of up to 200 kilometers
- to a care provider;
- to an institution where you are staying (not for part of a day). Or from this institution to a person or institution where you will receive an examination or treatment or where you will be fitted with a prosthesis;
- to your home or another home, if you come from one of the care providers referred to above.
The situations mentioned above will be reimbursed (in part) under the public healthcare insurance, the Exceptional Medical Expenses Act (Long-Term Care Act (Wlz) or Youth Act, Seated patient transport does not include ambulance transport
Under the public healthcare insurance, you will be reimbursed for the cost of seated patient transport if you:
- need to have kidney dialysis: transport regarding consultations, examinations and check-ups needed as part of the treatment will also fall under this reimbursement;
- need to have oncological treatment with chemotherapy, immune therapy or radiotherapy: transport regarding consultations, examinations and check-ups needed as part of the treatment will also fall under this reimbursement;
- are only able to move about in a wheelchair.
- your eyesight is so poor that you cannot move about unaided.
- are under the age of eighteen and dependent on intensive childcare;
- you rely on geriatric rehabilitation care.
Cost of overnight stays
You are entitled to reimbursement of accommodation costs instead of (a reimbursement of the costs of) seated patient transport:
- when you are entitled to seated patient transport; and
- you need such transport at least three consecutive days; and
- using accommodation is more effective and less of a strain on you than travelling between your home and the treatment centre every day.
In that case, you qualify for transport to and from the treatment centre and reimbursement of the costs of two overnight stays near the treatment centre. The reimbursement of the accommodation costs is a maximum of €75.00 per night. You must book the accommodation yourself.
Seated patient transport also includes transport in special situations:
- you will be dependent in the long term on transport in relation to the treatment of an illness or disorder. The non-reimbursement of this transport would be very unreasonable for you. Read our conditions of insurance to see how we determine this.
- Transport for a companion. The accompaniment must be necessary, or it must concern the accompaniment of an insured party under the age of 16. In special cases, we can give our written consent for the transport of two companions.
- Transport in a vehicle other than a car or public transport, if transport by car or public transport is not possible. You will need prior written permission for this.
- Transport over a distance of more than 200 kilometres. You will need prior written permission for this.
To be eligible for reimbursement for seated patient transport, send us an application form that has been completed by your general practitioner or a medical specialist.
Under the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you qualify for the reimbursement of the costs of seated patient transport for a one-way travelling distance of a maximum of 200 kilometres.
- The reimbursement for seated patient transport by (your own) car is € 0,32 per kilometre. We calculate the number of kilometres based on the fastest route according to the ANWB route planner by entering the departure postcode and the destination postcode.
- The reimbursement for the use of public transport will only apply to the lowest class of the public transport in question.
- If you use contracted taxi transport, the reimbursement will be 100%.
Under the supplementary insurance Top you are entitled to reimbursement of transport from your home address to the place in the Netherlands where you get care. It should concern care that is reimbursed under the public healthcare insurance. In addition you are entitle to reimbursement of the transport of one accompanist if the accompaniment is medically necessary.
a maximum of € 200,- per calendar year
|No Risk I||none|
|No Risk II||none|
Under the maximum reimbursement we reimburse:
- the statutory personal contribution for seated patient transport
- the costs of public transport lowest class
- the costs of transport by a contracted taxi company
- € 0,70 per kilometre for transport by a non-contracted taxi company
- € 0,30 per kilometre for transport by private car
Seated patient transport is subject to a maximum statutory personal contribution of €105 per calendar year. The statutory personal contribution also applies to the return trip to the treatment centre if you use accommodation. Please consult the policy conditions (PDF) for situations in which the statutory personal contribution does not apply.
You can use your own or someone else’s car for seated patient transport. You can also ask a (contracted) taxi company or public transport company to transport you.
Contracted seated patient transport (taxi transport)
If you rely on taxi transport and wish to choose a contracted company, opt for ZCN. ZCN offers seated patient transport 24/7, throughout the country. Make your reservation at least 24 hours in advance via:
- Telephone: 085-4879800 (between 08:30 and 17:00)
- Website: www.zcnvervoer.nl
You can also call our Care Advice Line on +31 (0)570 68 74 70. Our expert staff will be happy to answer your queries.
Arrival and departure
You book a journey by indicating a departure time or the preferred arrival time. In the case of a preferred arrival time, ZCN will determine a departure time in consultation with you. The taxi can come and pick you up no more than 15 minutes before and no more than 15 minutes after the agreed time. For example,, if you want to be collected at 10:00, the taxi will arrive between 09:45 and 10:15.
In the case of seated patient transport, you will be travelling together with other passengers. This means the route to your destination may not necessarily be the shortest. A maximum extra travel time of half an hour applies. The driver will ensure you arrive at least ten minutes and no more than thirty minutes before your appointment.
You can book a return journey on the same day. The taxi will come and collect you within 30 minutes. When you book the return journey earlier, the taxi will, of course, be waiting at the agreed time. If you have undergone dialysis, chemotherapy or radiation, ZCN will take you home directly (without other passengers).
It is nice to know that the taxi is on its way. If you use the call-back service, the driver will call you five to ten minutes before the taxi arrives. When you make your booking, you can indicate if you wish to use the call-back service. Don’t forget to give them the telephone number you can be reached on.
Need help from the driver?
The driver is happy to help you get in and out (if desired). If you like, he can walk you from the front door to the taxi and vice versa. He will also secure your safety belt and/or your wheelchair, and carry your luggage.
If you use a taxi company that is not contracted by us for seated patient transport, the maximum rates for non-contracted care providers apply.
Seated patient transport is subject to our written consent before you are transported. You also need our prior written consent for the reimbursement of accommodation costs. When requesting transport or accommodation, you must give the reason for your request and enclose the prescription. You can view and download the application form for seated patient transport here. We can send a form to you if you wish.
Are you requesting permission for the reimbursement of you accompaniment? If so, send us an explanation from the referrer of the need for the accompaniment.
Please send requests for permission to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp is necessary.