- dutch healthcare insurance
Specialist mental health care
Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2020
- What is specialist mental health care?
- Referral required
- Healthcare insurance reimbursement in 2020
- Maximum rates for non-contracted care providers
- No statutory personal contribution
- Policy excess
- Where can you go?
- Request permission
Note: the information on this page gives an abbreviated outline of the reimbursement provided. You can only derive any rights from our insurance conditions.
Specialised mental healthcare includes diagnosis and specialist treatment of (highly) complex psychological
disorders such as psychiatrists and clinical psychologists generally provide.
Specialist mental health care does not include:
- the treatment of adjustment disorders following a far-reaching event or change;
- help with work and relationship problems;
- indicated prevention in case of depression, panic disorders, anxiety disorders and problematic alcohol consumption;
Care in the case of a psychiatric disorder or restriction if the insured is younger than 18.
More information on which treatments meet the the state of the art and practice can be viewed at our website.
You will need a referral from a general practitioner, medical specialist, doctor for the mentally disabled, specialist geriatrics doctor, company doctor or youth healthcare doctor. This condition will not apply where any of the following is the case:
- unforeseen care that cannot reasonably be postponed;
- follow-up treatment required further to unforeseen care that could not reasonably be postponed;
- treatment required further to the provision of care pursuant to judicial proceedings;
- referral for the same problem from basic mental healthcare to specialist mental healthcare;
- follow-up treatment for the same problem by the same healthcare provider;
- treatment with the same healthcare provider following a change in diagnosis;
- if you have reached the age of 18, continued treatment by the same healthcare provider;
- if you have reached the age of 18, continued treatment by a practitioner in charge of the care process for adults, after having been transferred by a special education expert or NIP child and adolescent psychologist;
- treatment for a period of more than half a year.
Reimbursement for specialist mental healthcare by a noncontracted care provider is subject to our written authorisation, prior to you receiving the care. When applying for care you will need to send us a copy of a report from the attending physician with the medical diagnosis/diagnoses, a description of the current problem and the medical need for in-patient stay.
For specialised medical mental care in combination with an in-patient say, you must obtain written authorisation from us for the second and third consecutive years before the you receive the care. You must enclose a (copy of the) national checklist for prolonged medical mental care (LGZZ) with your application.
Your basic insurance entitles you to reimbursement for specialist mental health care.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100% from contracted health care providers|
Do you see a care provider we have not made any arrangements with? In that case, the rates in accordance with the rates list for non-contracted care applies. If the rates of the non-contracted care provider are higher than our listed maximum rates, then the difference will be for your account.
There is no statutory personal contribution for specialist mental health care.
If you are aged 18 or older, the costs count towards compulsory and, if applicable, voluntary excess.
The following care providers can provide specialist mental healthcare as the coordinating practitioner:
- clinical psychologists;
- a clinical neuropsychologist;
- a specialist geriatrics doctor who works at an institution for the provision of specialist mental healthcare;
- an addiction specialist who works at an institution for the provision of specialist mental healthcare;
- a clinical specialist in geriatric medicine who works at an institution for the provision of specialist mental healthcare;
- a specialist mental healthcare nurse who works at an institution for the provision of specialist mental healthcare;
- a healthcare psychologist who works at an institution for the provision of specialist mental healthcare.
This is subject to the condition that the care provider has a quality status that is listed in the National Health Care Institute's Quality Standards Register.
If you will reach the age of 18 in 2020 and are then receiving care from a remedial educationalist or a NIP child and adolescent psychologist, then these care providers may continue to provide the care as coordinating practitioners for a maximum period of 365 days, commencing on the day that you reach the age of 18.
Reimbursement for specialist mental care by a noncontracted care provider in combination with in-patient care
is subject to our written authorisation, prior to you receiving the care. You must enclose (a copy of) the treatment plan with your request.
Use our care guide to find a contracted care provider in your neighbourhood. For more information, call the Healthcare advise line: +31(0)570 687 123. Our expertly trained staff will be pleased to help you on your way.
You will require our written permission for the reimbursement for specialist mental healthcare by a non-contracted care provider in combination with a stay, prior to you receiving the care. You must enclose a (copy of the) treatment plan with your application.
You can send a request for permission to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp is necessary
If your healthcare provider sends the request on behalf of you, then we would like to know that you agree. This can be done by putting your signature on the application.