- dutch healthcare insurance
Reimbursement health insurance 2019
- What is therapeutic swimming?
- When do you qualify for reimbursement?
- Reimbursement therapeutic swimming in 2019
- No statutory personal contribution
- No excess
- Who can you go to?
- Prescription required for therapeutic swimming
Note: the information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursement. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions (pdf).
Therapeutic swimming is taking exercise in water heated to a higher temperature and is aimed at people who are suffering from certain conditions. Therapeutic swimming is always supervised by an expert.
You are entitled to reimbursement of swimming in warm water if you suffer from ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew) or muscle rheumatism (polymyalgia rheumatica).
By virtue of the supplementary Plus and Top insurances, you are entitled to reimbursement of therapeutic swimming.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement 2019|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||none|
* The reimbursement forms part of a group of different types of care, which are subject to a single reimbursement. The maximum reimbursement applies to the following elements jointly:
- Night home care for the dying
- Medical examination for driving licence
- Therapeutic swimming
- Personal alarm
- Care for Women
There is no statutory personal contribution for therapeutic swimming. In the event that the costs of therapeutic swimming exceed the maximum amount reimbursed by us for the various elements jointly, the remainder is payable by you.
Reimbursements under the supplementary insurances are not subject to an excess.
If you need therapeutic swimming, you can go to a swimming pool with water heated to a higher temperature than normal for that purpose.
For more information, please contact our Care Advice Line on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert staff will be pleased to answer your questions.
For reimbursement of therapeutic swimming, you require a prescription from your GP or medical specialist. The prescription must state that swimming in warm water is therapeutically necessary. You must enclose a copy of the referral when submitting the invoice.