Travel expenses incurred when visiting a patient
Reimbursement HollandZorg healthcare insurance 2021
- What are travel expenses incurred when visiting a patient?
- When will you qualify for reimbursement?
- Reimbursement travel expenses incurred when visiting a patient in 2021
- Personal contribution
- No policy excess
- Who can you approach?
Please note: the information provided on this page is a summary of the reimbursement applicable. You will only be able to derive rights from the HollandZorg Conditions of Insurance (pdf).
If you have been admitted as a patient to a hospital, members of your family will be able to visit you. They will be able to use their own transport to transport them to the hospital. The travel expenses may consist of the cost of fuel (petrol), public transport or taxi costs.
The following conditions apply to the reimbursement of travel expenses incurred when visiting a patient:
- The family member that visits you as a patient will live at the same address as you and is also insured at HollandZorg.
- You will have been admitted to a hospital in the Netherlands for more than 14 consecutive days. The right to reimbursement will commence on the 15th consecutive day on which you have been admitted to a hospital in the Netherlands.
- You are receiving care that will be reimbursed under the public healthcare insurance (in part).
- The distance between your home address and the hospital will be a minimum of 40 kilometres*.
*) We will calculate the number of kilometres on the basis of the fastest route according to the ANWB route planner.
Under our supplementary insurance Top, you qualify for reimbursement of a maximum of three patient visits per week.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||none|
|Top||€ 0,30 per kilometre to a maximum of € 300,- per calendar year|
|No Risk I||none|
|No Risk II||none|
We will reimburse €0,30 per kilometre to a maximum of €300,- per calendar year. Will you incur costs that are higher than our maximum reimbursement? In this situation, you will pay the difference yourself.
There will be no policy excess for reimbursement under the supplementary insurance.
You will be able to use your own car or a taxi or public transport.
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. We will be happy to answer your questions.