Obstetric care includes:
- Information and advice about prenatal screening during pregnancy (counselling). The object of prenatal screening is to identify congenital anomalies
- Echoscopy (echo) in the 20th week of pregnancy
- Neck fold measurement and serum test (combination test) if there is a medical indication
- Non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) if there is a medical indication. It also concerns a medical indication if a combination test reveals a significant risk of the baby having Down syndrome, Edwards syndrome or Patau syndrome
- Invasive diagnostics (chorionic villus testing or amniocentesis), if there are medical grounds to do so. It also concerns a medical indication if a combination test or NIPT reveals a significant risk of the baby having Down syndrome, Edwards syndrome or Patau syndrome
For obstetric care in a hospital, you need a referral from a general practitioner, medical specialist, nursing specialist, obstetrician or physician assistant.
Reimbursement under public healthcare insurance
Under HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you qualify for the reimbursement of the costs of obstetric care. Under our supplementary insurances Plus and Top you are entitled to reimbursement of a part of the statutory personal contribution in case of a childbirth without medical indication in a hospital or in a contracted birth centre.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance
||statutory personal contribution: 60%
||statutory personal contribution: 60%
|No Risk I
|No Risk II||none
Maximum rates non-contracted care
Are you going for obstetric care to a health care provider with whom we have made no agreements? In that case we reimburse the rates of the price list for non-contracted care. Are the rates of the non-contracted care provider higher than our maximum rates, then the difference is for your own account.
No statutory personal contribution
Do you have a medical indication for childbirth in a hospital? If so, you will not pay a statutory personal contribution for the use of the delivery room in a hospital.
If you give birth in a hospital or birth centre without a medical indication, the personal contribution will apply. The calculation of the personal contribution is in accordance with maternity care in an institution as described under the costs and reimbursement of maternity care.
The costs of obstetric care do not count towards the compulsory excess. The compulsory excess does include:
- the cost of laboratory testing in a hospital or independent laboratory at the request of an obstetric care provider
- the cost of the NIPT
- indirect costs, such as medicine and transport costs
Who can you approach?
You will be able to use the following care providers for obstetric care:
- general practitioners
- a birth centre
- a birth care organisation which has been contracted for this purpose by us
- an echoscopic centre (only for an echoscopic examinations)
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. We will be happy to answer your questions. Or visit our Care Guide to find a contracted birth centre.
The information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursements only. No rights can be derived from this page. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions.
Your health insurance
In MyHollandZorg you will find all information about your health insurance policy.
Reimbursements, conditions and regulations 2022
Maximum rates for a non-contracted care provider
If, for care included in the public healthcare insurance, you choose a healthcare provider with whom we have not made any agreements, the rates in the Rate list for non-contracted care will apply. Do the rates charged by the non-contracted healthcare provider exceed our maximum rates? In that case, the difference will be payable by you. This will apply for reimbursement both under the public healthcare insurance, and the supplementary insurance.
Where to go for healthcare
Use our care guide to find a (contracted) care provider near you. For more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert employees will be happy to help you.