Do you reside or work in the Netherlands? In most cases, you are obliged to take out public healthcare insurance. The public healthcare insurance provides cover for the most necessary care, such as hospitalisation, emergency help and general practitioner.


More information

You can only take out supplementary insurance if your HollandZorg public healthcare insurance commences before 1 January 2021. If your healthcare insurance commence from 1 January 2021, you can only take out the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance.

Are you insured through your employer? Then you have the supplementary insurance No Risk I and II.

More information

You can only take out a dental insurance if your HollandZorg public healthcare insurance commences before 1 January 2021, and you have not arranged the healthcare insurance through your employer. From 1 January 2021 you can only take out the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance.

More information

HollandZorg offers you Dutch health insurance

Are you a migrant worker who lives or works in the Netherlands temporarily? Then make sure that you take out at least a basic package health insurance for this period. Even if you already have basic health insurance in your country of origin. With a public healthcare insurance you will be able to make use of the most necessary medical health care, such as;

  • a visit to the general practitioner;
  • hospitalization;
  • emergency care.

Migrants workers and their employers have been calling on HollandZorg for many years! .


Dutch health insurance: to be taken out by your employer or yourself

Are you going to work for an employment agency? If so, this employer may arrange your health insurance. HollandZorg has made agreements with a large number of temporary employment agencies in the Netherlands. Please note: you are responsible for arranging your own health insurance! If in doubt, always ask your employer for information. If you are insured with HollandZorg, you will see your EHIC (digital health insurance card) and policy sheet in your personal environment ‘My HollandZorg’.

My employer arranges my insurance plan

Does your Dutch employer arrange health insurance? In that case, migrant workers can count on a public healthcare insurance policy, supplemented with special supplementary insurances. These are the No Risk I and No Risk II. With these supplementary insurances, you also insure the compulsory excess. If you are insured through your employer, you will never receive an invoice for the excess. This will make your life easy! (In the Netherlands there is a compulsory excess of 385,- per year. When you incur health care costs, you normally pay up to 385 euro of the costs yourself. This is called ‘eigen risico’).

I arrange my own temporary health insurance (nl)

Not insured for medical care through your employer in the Netherlands? Then insure yourself individually with us. If you insure yourself individually, you will at least take out public healthcare insurance. The Dutch government determines the content of the public healthcare insurance each year. This is the same for everyone. Only the reimbursements for non-contracted care, amount of the premium and choice of health care providers may differ per health care insurer. The HollandZorg public healthcare insurance is the most popular healthcare insurance among migrant workers in The Netherlands.

Migrants workers and family members are obliged to register

Do you live together with family members in the Netherlands? If so, make sure that they also take out health insurance (nl). At HollandZorg, you can register yourself, your partner and children for health insurance at the same time in just a few steps. The costs of Dutch health insurance depend, among other things, on the chosen package and the age of your children. Insurance companies do not charge a monthly premium for children up to 18 years of age.

Do you work in the Netherlands and live outside the Netherlands in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland? Or do your family members live in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland? In that case, your health insurer in your country of residence will decide whether your family members can also be co-insured. You apply for the S1/E106 form and send it to the health insurer in your country of residence.

More information about insuring your family members

Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us

Do you still have questions about Dutch health insurance? Please feel free to contact us without obligation. We are happy to help you!

Contact options

HollandZorg App

The HollandZorg App makes it simple for you to submit claims. The app is available free of charge from the App Store and Google Play.


Download the app now!


Find caretakers and medical specialists

When you've choosen for the Dutch Healthcare Insurance from HollandZorg, you can find caretakers with our online search tool. You can easily find (contracted) specialist in your residence area.