- Claim expenses
- Claiming an international invoice
Cancellation of health insurance
Cancelling your Dutch health insurance
You can cancel your health insurance in the Netherlands and change insurer up to 31 December each year. If you indicate your wish to cancel your Dutch health insurance before 31 December, the contract will end as at 1 January. In some situations, you can also cancel your Dutch health insurance in the course of a year.
What if you no longer work in the Netherlands? In that case you are no longer obliged to take out insurance. Your public healthcare insurance terminates on the day following that on which you cease to be obliged to take out insurance. You (policyholder) must inform us of that fact as soon as possible.
How to cancel the health insurance
We regret the fact you may wish to cancel your HollandZorg health insurance. You can cancel the HollandZorg Public Healthcare Insurance and/or our supplementary insurance as follows:
Send your cancellation e-mail to HollandZorg.
By means of online cancellation
Use Mijn HollandZorg to notify us of your cancellation.
Send your cancellation to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp required
What should you keep in mind when cancelling your health insurance?
- You can cancel your health insurance up to 31 December each year. We must have received your cancellation before 1 January of the following year. The cancellation takes effect on 1 January of the following year.
- You cannot cancel your health insurance when you are in arrears. You can take out other health insurance only when you have paid all invoices.
- When you cancel your health insurance with effect from 1 January, you have until 1 February to take out new health insurance. This will come into effect on 1 January with retrospective force.
Cancellation in the course of a year
In some situations, you can also cancel your health insurance in the course of a year:
- If you change jobs in the course of a year and you want to switch from your current group health insurance to the group health insurance of your new employer, you can cancel the existing health insurance. You must do this within thirty days of cancelling your old group insurance.
- When we change our insurance conditions to your disadvantage.
- When you are the policyholder, you can cancel a co-insured person if he or she has taken out other health insurance. For instance, when your child reaches the age of 18 and takes out his or her own insurance, or when you are going to divorce and the ex-partner you insured takes out his or her own insurance.