Fall prevention for adults
What is fall prevention?
You are entitled to fall prevention if you are 18 or older. Fall prevention consists of the following components:
- Fall risk assessment, if, based on a fall risk assessment, you are at a high risk of falling.
- Intake for a training programme to prevent falls (fall-preventive exercise intervention), if you are
at a high risk of falling based on a fall risk assessment and if you are dependent on support from a
physiotherapist or remedial therapist during the training programme due to underlying or
additional somatic problems.
- A maximum of 1 training programme to prevent falls (fall-preventive exercise intervention) per
12 months. You must be at a high risk of falling according to a fall risk assessment. And due to
underlying or additional somatic problems, you must be dependent on support from a
physiotherapist or remedial therapist during the training programme. You are entitled to the
training programmes to prevent falls on the List designated fall prevention training
programmes for adults. This list may change in the interim.
|Basic Health Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg basic health insurance||100%|
|No Risk I||None|
|No Risk II||None|
Statutory personal contribution
Compulsory and voluntary excess?
Yes, with the exception of the fall risk assessment.
Yes, the intake for a training programme to prevent falls and the training programme itself require a referral from a general practitioner.
Who can provide this type of treatment?
The following care providers are permitted to provide this type of care:
- For fall risk assessment: a general practitioner or a care group contracted by us.
- For the intake for a training programme and for the training programme itself: a physiotherapist or remedial therapist who is certified to carry out the relevant training programme.
The information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursements. No rights can be derived from this page. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions.
Your health insurance
In My HollandZorg you will find all information about your health insurance policy.
Maximum rates for a non-contracted care provider
Have you chosen a healthcare provider with whom we have no contract? Then, we will reimburse according to our maximum rates. If the rate invoiced by the non-contracted care provider is higher than our maximum rates, you will have to pay the difference yourself. You will be able to find contracted care providers with our Care finder.