Facial care consists of treatments to the face or the neck. The following treatments fall under facial care:
- acne treatment;
- scar and birthmark treatment;
- hair removal.
When will you qualify for reimbursement?
You will qualify for the reimbursement of facial care in the following situations:
- you have a serious form of acne on your face or neck;
- you have scars or birthmarks on your face or neck that are very disfiguring;
- you have a serious form of extreme hair growth on your face or neck.
Request prior permission for the reimbursement of facial care from us.
Referral required for facial care
You will be required to have a referral from a general practitioner or a medical specialist for treatment. Do you need care for multiple years? For reimbursement of the care, you need a new referral every year from a general practitioner or a medical specialist.
Reimbursement for facial care
Most of our supplementary insurances offer a reimbursement of the cost of facial care.
|Public Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||none|
|Extra||75% up to a maximum of € 200 per calendar year*|
|Plus||75% up to a maximum of € 300 per calendar year*|
|Top||75% up to a maximum of € 400 per calendar year*|
|No Risk I||none|
|No Risk II||none|
*) Reimbursement will apply to the various treatments taken together: acne treatment, scar and birthmark treatment and depilation.
We will reimburse a maximum of 75% of the cost of facial care. You will pay the remaining amount yourself.
No policy excess
You will not have a policy excess for the costs of care that are reimbursed under the supplementary insurance.
Who may provide this type of care?
A skin therapist may provide all types of care. The care outlined below can only be provided by a beautician with core membership of the General Netherlands Trade Association for Beauty Care (Algemene Nederlandse Branche Organisatie Schoonheidsverzorging (ANBOS)):
- acne treatment, subject to the condition that the beautician is a qualified specialist in 'acne';
- camouflage therapy, subject to the condition that the beautician is a qualified specialist in 'camouflage' or 'permanent make-up';
- electric depilation treatment, subject to the condition that the beautician is a qualified specialist in 'electric depilation'.
For more information, contact customer services on +31(0)570 687 123. Our expert employees will be pleased to help you.
You will require our prior written permission for the reimbursement of facial care before you get the care. Please include the following documents with your request for reimbursement:
- a copy of the referral from your general practitioner or a medical specialist;
- photos of your face and neck.
Please send requests for permission to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp is necessary.
The information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursements. No rights can be derived from this page. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions.
Your health insurance
In My HollandZorg you will find all information about your health insurance policy.
Maximum rates for a non-contracted care provider
Have you chosen a healthcare provider with whom we have no contract? Then, we will reimburse according to our maximum rates. If the rate invoiced by the non-contracted care provider is higher than our maximum rates, you will have to pay the difference yourself. You will be able to find contracted care providers with our Care finder.