Combined lifestyle intervention
A combined lifestyle intervention is aimed at reducing the intake of energy, increasing physical exercise and, possibly, psychological interventions to support behavioural change. It is offered in the form of a care programme, consisting of individual and group sessions. There is a treatment phase and a maintenance phase. The care programme takes a total of 24 consecutive months to complete.
On the list Aangewezen zorgprogramma’s gecombineerde leefstijlinterventie (in Dutch) you'll find which care programmes are covered. This list may be amended during the year.
Reimbursement for combined lifestyle interventionUnder the HollandZorg public healthcare insurance, you will qualify for the reimbursement of combined lifestyle intervention.
|Basic Health Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg basic health insurance||100%|
Referral needed?You need a referral from a general practitioner or medical specialist.
Statutory personal contribution
You will not be subject to a statutory personal contribution for combined lifestyle intervention.
The costs of combined lifestyle intervention will not count towards your compulsory excess.
Who can provide this type of care?
The following care providers are permitted to provide this type of care:
- a care provider who is listed in the register of the Netherlands Professional Association of Lifestyle Coaches (BLCN) as a lifestyle coach
- a physiotherapist who is listed in the NL Physiotherapy Quality Register (KRF NL) and/or the quality register of Stichting Keurmerk Fysiotherapie with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’
- a remedial therapist, who is listed in the Paramedics Quality Register with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’
- a dietician, who is listed in the Paramedics Quality Register with the designation of ‘lifestyle coaching’
- a care group contracted by us
The information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursements. No rights can be derived from this page. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions.
Your health insurance
In My HollandZorg you will find all information about your health insurance policy.
Maximum rates for a non-contracted care provider
Have you chosen a healthcare provider with whom we have no contract? Then, we will reimburse according to our maximum rates. If the rate invoiced by the non-contracted care provider is higher than our maximum rates, you will have to pay the difference yourself. You will be able to find contracted care providers with our Care finder.