Who qualifies for reimbursement?
This type of care does not include:
- treatment of language development disorders related to dialect or another native language
- the treatment of a language deficiency in Dutch and/or a foreign language, in the event of multilingualism
- treatment of dyslexia
Reimbursement for speech therapy
|Basic Healthcare Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg basic insurance||100% for contracted care|
Statutory personal contribution
There is no statutory personal contribution for speech therapy.
Are you 18 or older? The costs incurred for speech therapy will count towards your compulsory policy excess.
You need a referral from a general practitioner, medical specialist, paediatrician, intellectual disability physician, company doctor, dentist, geriatrician, nurse specialist, physician's assistant or a so-called 'regiebehandelaar' in the context of medical care for specific patient groups (GZSP). This does not apply to care provided by a contracted care provider who has successfully completed the Direct Access course. If a referral is required, you must enclose a copy of the referral when submitting the invoice.
Who may provide this type of care?
The following care providers are permitted to provide this type of care:
- preverbal speech therapy: a speech therapist who is listed on the preverbal speech therapy sub-register of the NVLF;
- aphasia therapy: a speech therapist who is listed on the NVLF's Aphasia register;
- the Hanen parent programme It Takes Two to Talk (Praten Doe je Met z'n Tweeën = PDMT): a speech therapist who is listed on the NVLF's PDMT Hanen parent programme sub-register;
- the Hanen parent programme More than Words (Meer Dan Woorden = MDW): a speech therapist who is listed on the NVLF's MDW Hanen parent programme sub-register;
- individual stutter therapy: a speech therapist who is listed on the NVLF's stutter therapy sub-register;
- integrated stutter care: a speech therapist or stutter therapist who is listed on the NVLF's integrated stutter care sub-register;
- speech therapy in the event of Parkinson's disease: a speech therapist who is affiliated with the national ParkinsonNet network. Affiliation with the ParkinsonNet is not compulsory if the provision of care started before 1 January 2018;
- other speech therapy: a speech therapist.
The information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursements. No rights can be derived from this page. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions.
Your health insurance
In My HollandZorg you will find all information about your health insurance policy.
Maximum rates for a non-contracted care provider
Have you chosen a healthcare provider with whom we have no contract? Then, we will reimburse according to our maximum rates. If the rate invoiced by the non-contracted care provider is higher than our maximum rates, you will have to pay the difference yourself. You will be able to find contracted care providers with our Care finder.