Claiming healthcare expenses
When you need medical care in the Netherlands, we usually settle the costs with your care provider directly. You will not notice anything of this process. In some cases however, you will receive the invoice, which you can submit to HollandZorg. You will always need the original invoice. And in some cases a claim form is required.
Submit claims 24/7 via your smartphone
The HollandZorg App on your smartphone makes it simple for you to submit claims.
1. Fill in your details
2. Take a picture of the invoice. Make sure all details are on the invoice
3. Send the declaration
4. you will receive a reimbursement of the costs within 10 working days
Does the invoice include the following information?
Before you declare, check whether the following information is on the invoice:
- Name, address, place of residence of the healthcare provider.
- Profession of the healthcare provider
- Date of the invoice and the date on which the care took place
- Description of the care.
- Name and date of birth of the insured person.
Attention: keep the original invoice at least 2 years for inspection. We may request the original invoice during that period. If we do not receive it, the right to reimbursement of that invoice will still lapse. You can read more about this in the insurance terms and conditions.
Only Claim with IBAN
You can only send us a reimbursement request if we have your IBAN on record. In your personal online environment 'My HollandZorg', under 'My details', you can fill in your IBAN.
Sometimes a claim form is required
- If your costs are the result of an accident, please fill in the 'claim form related to an accident (pdf)'.
- Enclose a 'Claim form seated transport costs' (pdf) with your claim for transport costs.
- If it concerns care received abroad, always enclose a claim form. You can choose from different languages.
Points to note with regard to submitting a claim
Claim by post
You can send the original invoice and the claim form to the following address (no stamp required):
Afdeling Declaratie (Claims dept.)
7400 VB Deventer
Questions about submitting a claim?
For more information about submitting a claim or a claim you have already submitted, call Customer Services on +31 (0)570 687 123. We will be pleased to answer your questions. We can be reached on weekdays from 08:00 until 18.00 hours. Or send an e-mail by means of our online contact form.