Claiming healthcare expenses
When you have received medical care in the Netherlands, you normally wouldn't be receiving a bill. Instead, we will settle the costs directly with your healthcare provider. You won't be involved in or even aware of this process. In some cases, however, you will receive a bill. You can submit it to us. On this page, we'll explain how to do this.
HollandZorg App on your smartphone
You will always need the original invoice. And in some cases, an additional claims form (available in Dutch, English and Polish) is required.
Submit claims 24/7 via your smartphone
The HollandZorg App on your smartphone is the simplest way for you to submit your claim.1. Fill in your details
2.Take a picture of the invoice. Make sure the invoice includes:
- Name, address of the care provider
- Profession of the care provider
- Invoice date
- Description and cost of the care you received
- Your name, date of birth and BSN
4.You will receive payment within 10 working days
We need your IBAN
You can only send us a reimbursement request if we have your IBAN on record. In your personal online environment 'My HollandZorg', under 'My details', you can fill in your IBAN.
When to submit an additional claim form
- If your costs are the result of an accident, please fill in this form to report your damages.
- If you want transport reimbursed, enclose this claim form seated transport costs.
- If your claim concerns care received abroad, always enclose the relevant claim form. The form is available in 3 languages:
- Dutch claim form
- English claim form
- Polish claim form (Wniosek o pokrycie kosztów leczenia)
Please regard the following when submitting a claim:
- You must send us the original invoice within 12 months of the end of the year.
- The invoice must be drawn up in Dutch, German, English, French, Spanish, Polish or Turkish. Is the invoicein a different language? Please enclose a certified translation.
- Keep copies of the claim form and the original invoice for your own records.
- We will not consider overdue payments and copied invoices.
Claim by post
You can send the original invoice and the claim form to the following address (no stamp required):
Afdeling Declaratie (Claims dept.)
7400 VB Deventer