Healthcare insurance through your employer


Are you a migrant worker temporarily working in the Netherlands? In that case, you are obliged to take out health insurance. You can do so through your employer. We have made agreements with a large number of employers (employment agencies). They will arrange for your health insurance to start and end and they will take out special supplementary insurance to cover your compulsory excess. This will make your life easy!


Healthcare insurance for foreigners, who work temporarily in the Netherlands

With the Flexpolis Public healthcare insurance you insure yourself of the most necessary care. The Public healthcare insurance is the same for everyone in the Netherlands. Your compulsory excess is covered by No Risk I. You therefore do not pay any excess. The HollandZorg Flexpolis can only be taken out if your employer has made arrangements with us.

HollandZorg Flexpolis 2021

Public healthcare insurance
Supplementary insurance
No Risk I
Supplementary insurance 
No Risk II

Cover for basic healthcare*, such as:

  • Hospitalisation
  • Emergency care
  • Visits to the general practitioner


* is the same for all health insurers

Reimbursement of compulsory excess of €385,-


  • Emergency dental care up to €200,- per year
  • Repatriation within Europe in the event of medical need or death
  • Reimbursement of statutory personal contribution for medicines
For more information, please read our insurance conditions

See which care treatments are reimbursed

We have made a short overview of the care treatments that are reimbursed under the Public healthcare insurance. The overview also shows in which cases you have to pay a personal contribution.


See what is reimbursed



Medical care in your home country

Under the HollandZorg Flexpolis, you are also covered in your home country (if you reside abroad and work in the Netherlands). For this you request the S1/E106 form through your employer.


Use this form to go to your health insurer in your country of residence. You will then be entitled to reimbursement of medical care in your country of residence. This must be a 'treaty country'.


If you officially live in the Netherlands, the S1 form is of no value abroad.




Medical care during a temporary stay abroad

If you are outside the Netherlands as well as your home country and you need medical care, the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles you to a reimbursement of the cost for necessary medical care during a temporary stay in EU/EEA countries or Switzerland.


In these situations, you should always call the HollandZorg Emergency Centre first: +31 (570) 687 112. Then you know exactly what you will and will not be reimbursed for your treatment abroad. Save this number on your telephone so you will always have it with you. You do not call the HollandZorg Emergency Centre if you need care in the Netherlands.

You can find your proof of insurance and EHIC in ‘My HollandZorg’

Once your HollandZorg Flexpolis has started, relevant documents will be available for you in your personal environment at ’My HollandZorg’. You register once for ‘My HollandZorg’ and then simply log in. Among other things, you will find here:

  • Your policy schedule. This is your proof of insurance.
  • Your digital European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). You can save your EHIC to your phone; you will then always have it to hand. Would you prefer a physical EHIC card? Then apply for it in ‘My HollandZorg’. More information about your digital EHIC
  • Your S1 form. You can download this after your employer has applied for one on your behalf.
  • You can submit a claim via ‘My HollandZorg’. Because sometimes you will receive an invoice if you have seen a doctor.


Go to My HollandZorg

Frequently Ask Questions

If you pay wage tax in the Netherlands, because of work or unemployment benefit or sickness benefit, you are obliged to take out healthcare insurance. 

You pay a monthly premium for your healthcare insurance. Your employer deducts the premium from your wage. The extent of the premium is shown on your policy document, which you can view at My HollandZorg

If your income falls below a certain limit, you can claim back part of the premium for your healthcare insurance. This is called the healthcare allowance. You can apply to the Tax and Customs Administration for the healthcare allowance. For more information, you can call the Tax Department foreign helpline on +31 (0) 55 5385 385.

You can co-insure your family members on your Dutch healthcare insurance if you work in the Netherlands and live abroad and your country of residence is a treaty country. To co-insure your family members, you request the S1 form through your employer. Use this form to go to your healthcare insurer in your country of residence. This healthcare insurer will decide which of your family members will be co-insured. If you officially live in the Netherlands, you cannot co-insure your family members on your Dutch Public healthcare insurance. More information about insuring your family members.

Do you stop working? If so, your employer will inform us. It is possible that your employer informs us that you are receiving unemployment benefit or sickness benefit. If we are informed about this, we will request additional information from you in order to continue the Public healthcare insurance. This Public healthcare insurance does not go through your employer. The No Risk supplementary insurance will lapse. If we do not receive any notification from you or your employer, your Flexpolis healthcare insurance will stop. You will receive an e-mail about your 'deregistration letter', which will then be available in 'My HollandZorg.

If you need medical care in the Netherlands and your life is not in danger, you visit a general practitioner (GP). If necessary, the GP will refer you to other care providers or the hospital. More information about the GP and emergency care.