In-patient care after a medical procedure
In-patient care involves an admission for an uninterrupted period of no more than 1095 days (3 years) in a care facility. An interruption of admission for a maximum of 30 days will not count towards the uninterrupted period of 1095 days. Weekend and holiday leave will count towards the calculation of the 1095 days.
The care does not include:
- admission in connection with a psychiatric disorder or impairment if you are younger than 18
- admission in connection with the temporary relief of a family caregiver (respite care)
- first-line in-patient stay
Stay outside an institutionYou are entitled to reimbursement for a stay that is medically necessary in connection with medical specialist care and that is not accompanied by nursing, care or paramedical care, provided that:
- you have a voluntary carer during your stay; and
- the travel time between the hospital where you receive treatment and your place of residence is more than 60 minutes; and
- the travel time between the hospital where you receive treatment and your place of residence is a maximum of 60 minutes.
The reimbursement of the accommodation costs is a maximum of € 77.50 per night.
You will be eligible for a reimbursement if admission is medically necessary in connection with:
- Medical specialist care
- Plastic surgery
- Rehabilitation care
- Geriatric rehabilitation care
- Transplant care
- Artificial respiration
- Sensory disability care
- Obstetric care
- Mental healthcare
- Genetic advice
- Special dental care
For in-patient care, youneed a referral from a general practitioner, a medical specialist, a dentist or an obstetrician. A referral will not be required in the event of an emergency.
Reimbursement in-patient care
Under HollandZorg basic insurance, you qualify for in-patient care:
|Basic Health Insurance||Reimbursement|
|HollandZorg public healthcare insurance||100%|
No statutory personal contribution
You will not be subject to a statutory personal contribution for in-patient care.
Are you 18 or older? The costs incurred for in-patient care will count towards your compulsory policy excess.
Who may provide this type of care?
Depending on the care you need, you will be able to approach the following care providers for in-patient care:
- rehabilitation centres;
- a psychiatric hospital;
- respiratory centres;
- centres for genetic advice;
- an institution for geriatric rehabilitation care;
- an institution for sensory disability care.
This does not apply to a stay that is medically necessary in connection with medical specialist care and that is not accompanied by nursing, care or paramedical care.
You will require our prior permission where an admission for the following is concerned:
- Treatmenst on the list ‘Vooraf aan te vragen verrichtingen’ ;
- Treatments on the list ‘Limitatieve Lijst Machtigingen Kaakchirurgie’;
- Rehabilitation care by a non-contracted care provider;
- Sensory disability care by a non-contracted care provider;
- Specialist mental healthcare by a non-contracted care provider
- Specialised medical mental care for the second year of continuous stay and for the third year of continuous stay. You must enclose a (copy of the) Checklist for prolonged medically necessary stay (GZZ) with each application.
When applying for care you will need to send us a copy of a report from the attending physician with the medical diagnosis/diagnoses, a description of the current problem and the medical need for in-patient stay. You must enclose (a copy of) the treatment plan with your request Please send requests for permission to:
7400 VB Deventer
No stamp is necessary.
The information on this page is a brief outline of the reimbursements. No rights can be derived from this page. You can only derive rights from our insurance conditions.
Your health insurance
In My HollandZorg you will find all information about your health insurance policy.
Maximum rates for a non-contracted care provider
Have you chosen a healthcare provider with whom we have no contract? Then, we will reimburse according to our maximum rates. If the rate invoiced by the non-contracted care provider is higher than our maximum rates, you will have to pay the difference yourself. You will be able to find contracted care providers with our Care finder.